Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Dear Weather, you're too hot. Love, Liz

I watched last night's Rocky Horror Glee Show on Hulu this afternoon (one of my all time favorite websites) and had a fleeting memory of being obsessed with the "Touch-a Touch-a Touch-a Touch Me" song way back in the day. I cannot for the life of me remember if I had it on a mix tape, how old I was, who I listened to it with, or if I've actually ever seen the movie more than once. I'm positive I saw it at Notre Dame freshman year, but other than that I'm not sure. Somehow I knew every line of that song, and knew exactly what had been changed to make it more tv appropriate. It's so odd to me that my memory is that bad for something as specific as a song. There are others that I'll listen to and can immediately stop what I'm doing and tell a viciously detailed story about my life around the time I last heard it. This is really going to bug me.

Next I just wanted to note how much I love driving in the mountains. I hadn't had the pleasure of doing so until this last summer (I'd been the passenger plenty of times, just never the driver) and it is quite possibly top five in my favorite places to drive. Bridges and through tunnels are up there, too (specifically the bridge connecting Charleston to Mt Pleasant, and the IOP connector during a lightning storm, as scary as that was). I really just love driving in general. With the windows down. Fast.

No comments: