Tuesday, September 21, 2010

I totally have a crush on dr. house

I started volunteering today in a second grade class at a low income school. My friend is the teacher, so it's kind of a win-win situation because we can chat a little :) My name is on the sub list at four schools as well, and I'll be tutoring kids through the Title I initiative starting next month. My goal is to have a lot on my plate and a lot of resume updating to do when the nice placement officer calls asking what I've been up to. My PC program is primary teacher training - any other ideas on volunteer work for that? Also does anyone have any experience with sending in your dental stuff separate from medical in regards to being dentally cleared? I know my dental package was delivered on Monday morning because I got the delivery confirmation, but I haven't been told yet that it got there, that they're looking at it, or anything. I keep hoping for that little email in the morning saying they're at least reviewing it, but I guess in the grand scheme of things it's only been a day. Silliness, see latest entry :) I was gone most of the day today at the school and then running errands and shopping this afternoon. It was a lot better than sitting around reading blogs and timelines, shocking!

Does anyone watch House? See the premier last night? Hot. Also, I bought some Tom's of Maine toothpaste to get in better touch with my hippy side. I got the kids' Outrageous Orange-Mango flavor, but I'm not too happy with it's foam-ability. Their website does say the kids' version is less foamy than the adult version, but it's still going to take some getting used to. Hmm. Talk amongst yourselves.

1 comment:

Kimberley Rose said...

In regards to Dr. House: I'd hit that, lol.