Friday, September 24, 2010

How to make delicious enchiladas

I'm starting to pay attention to the "little things" in my life that I take for granted. My car being able to take me anywhere in town within 20 minutes, a post office that's pretty much reliable, a grocery store a mile away with anything I can imagine, my bathroom, water out of the fridge, even the fridge itself. I used 4 out 6 of these things to make dinner tonight. Because I love cooking & taking pictures, & am coming to love this blog, I'm going to share a recipe. You can skip this entry if you want, incase you have no interest in enchiladas. (But, who doesn't love an enchilada?)

Ingredients:

Chicken breasts
1 can each of black beans, corn, and tomatoes with green chiles
2 cans of enchilada sauce (I used one green and one red)
Tortillas (6?)
Package of shredded Mexican cheese
Mojo and Tabasco (I used the green chile one)

Cut the chicken into bite size pieces and sautee them with a little olive oil, mojo, and some green tabasco.





Then combine black beans, corn niblets, and chopped tomatoes with green chiles. Stir in the chicken and about 3/4 of the cheese





Lay a tortilla in a greased baking dish, fill the center with the chicken & veggie mix, wrap it up, and turn seam side down. Repeat until you run out of mix, tortillas, or room in the baking dish (I ran out of tortillas first)



Spread the enchilada sauce over the top, sprinkle with the rest of the cheese, cover with tin foil, and bake at 350 F for 20 minutues. Then uncover the enchiladas and bake for an additional 20 minutes to brown and bubble the cheese.





Top with sour cream & enjoy!

No comments: