Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Another appointment down

I just returned from an appointment with a podiatrist, and it's a shame that I'm leaving and don't have any real foot issues because he was a totally nice guy. I felt sort of bad just going to have him fill out the PC form because I could tell that he really wanted to help me. The reason PC wanted me to go in the first place was because I reported having fasciitis on the initial medical questionnaire. For those of you not in the foot-know, it basically means that in the mornings, my right heel hurts like a bitch and I have to gingerly stretch it out in order to walk like a normal human being. This is caused by something or other in my foot when I run around and play soccer or wear shoes with awful arch support. It's not a huge deal because I've had it for a few years now and have managed just fine. I take OTC anti-inflammatories (ibuprofen, aleve, etc) and just stretch if it's bothering me. I felt bad because the nice podiatrist man was offering to show me inserts for my shoes, write me a script for pain meds to take with me, and I kept saying, "No I'm fine, thanks." I really just wanted the form filled out. Under the "specific requirements for follow up over the next three years" he wrote "f/u PRN" which I'm smart enough to know means "follow up as the situation arises." If any of you are ever playing Trivial Pursuit or some other similar game, you want me on your team. I'm so full of random knowledge like that it's not even funny.

Now that the podiatrist is done, I have no Peace Corps medical stuff for the next two weeks, ugh. I feel like it's such a waste of time.

No comments: