Saturday, November 13, 2010

Real life PC camaraderie?

Oh hell yes! I have been officially unofficially "adopted" into the group of applicants, nominees, and invitees here in town, and I have a recruiter who is looking out for me! It's kind of amazing, having all the same questions and discussions with people in real life, sitting around a table on the back patio of an eclectic bar, drinking a Hoegaarden in my BYO-Koozie. I shared about the diva-cup, visiting a male gyno, professors I loved and hated while in college, and learned that a mango is not unlike a fetus (I guess you had to be there).

3 comments:

RENEE! said...

aww that is so cool! How did you find it? I would love to find something like that near me!

elizabeth said...

I joined a facebook group for "Peace Corps at UF" and started to see updates on speaking events. Through one of those I met the recruiter here and chatted with her for a while. She added me to an email list for the social stuff they do and "adopted" me :) If you're near a major university I bet there would be something similar there!

Jessica said...

That's awesome Elizabeth! I am a little jealous that I am not up there in Gainesville with you guys right now :-( I'll have to make a trip soon!