Sunday, November 21, 2010

I forgot that I don't hate winter all that much

So my "farewell tour" will be starting (and possibly ending) with a trip to Boston in December. I'm going with two awesome girls to visit two more awesome girls and cause some trouble in Bean-town for six days. The trip is somewhat last minute, as Nora was going to see family and then said "hey, you guys should come too :D" Of course, Emmy and I jumped at the offer and bought our tickets tout de suite. I'm currently looking at boots online and debating on if I should buy a pair. The closer it gets to possibly leaving the country, the more reluctant I get to spend money on things that probably won't make the trip. It seems pointless, but I would like to have some cute warm boots in which to tromp around Boston. Other things that will make this trip amazing are: some of the most amazing and entertaining girls I know, wasting my carry-on liquid allotment on nips of rum, The Greatest Bar, a soundtrack that is already being put together, WB2K10(BOS) shirts, skinny jeans and leggings, a dress that rivals those of Joan Holloway from Madmen, Enrique, pre-trip planning dinners, and I can't even fathom what else. In case you hadn't figured it out, I'm excited.

Also, I've decided that I really want to move to London and dress preppy (aka "Sloane Ranger") and wear riding boots and fun hats for the rest of my young adulthood.

3 comments:

Emily Grace said...

The clothes are one of my favorite parts of winter... not that I'm saying you should buy boots that you might not need or anything... :)

elizabeth said...

<3<3<3 I bought some. These to be exact: http://www.famousfootwear.com/Shopping/ProductDetails.aspx?p=75766&pg=1019184

I guess one of the things I love about dressing more preppy than trendy is that the styles last longer, so I'll be able to wear them when I get back, right?

Joanne (Jo) Luongo said...

Hey Elizabeth

You might want to re-think those boots...we sometimes have lots of snow up here in the northeast in December and it will ruin your nice boots because the de-icer on the walkways and roadways is full of salt. Spend your money on some good walking sandles for Africa!
Have a great time in Boston...it was a fun place when I lived there!