Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Oh, so that leftover buttermilk in the fridge

I figured out what I am going to make with it: Brown sugar bacon waffles, Care of my favorite food blogger and potential girl crush, Joy the Baker. This girl is freaking fabulous, and I have a (maybe not so) secret desire to be her best friend. Please enjoy.

Also, did you know that the entire series of Dick van Dyke is on Hulu? It is. My schedule has been so black and white lately (is that the right term? Oh, I don't know) that I find myself with entire afternoons of nothing to do except watch this amazing example of classic American television. I have a new found respect for Mary Tyler Moore's comedic genius. I remember when I was little I would sneak out of bed to watch whatever shows my dad watched after I went to sleep. He watched Frasier and Seinfeld among others, but I never got that those were funny shows until after he died. I kind of wish that I'd appreciated his sense of humor when he was still around instead of just thinking he was a boring grown-up. I think this picture kind of explains why he might come off as sort of stiff. I mean, really, those shorts? Anyway, I'm pretty sure he thought Dick van Dyke was funny, at least I like to think he did.

1 comment:

elizabeth said...

omfg please go make those waffles. you're welcome.