Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Mail, FSV, & a backpack. What are, "Things that make me happy?"

Future site visit starts tomorrow :D I found out I'll be about 10km south east of Lira town (which I'm pumped about) teaching at a primary teachers' college. I'm super anxious about it; on one hand I'm so pumped to finally see where I'll be living for the next two years, and on the other apprehensive because I've heard such negative stories from others' future site visits. I don't want to get my hopes up, but my program manager told me that I have a "very nice" house with electricity and running water. While I'm stoked about the electricity, I'd almost be ok without running water - relying on Ugandan plumbing might be interesting. In fact, I think I prefer a pit latrine to an indoor toilet simply because a pit latrine can't back up or over flow. I guess I'll see when I get there, pictures will be sure to follow. We were told to bring sheets, sleeping bag, towel, and mosquito net since we have no idea where we'll be staying, so I'm breaking out the giant backpack that I was so excited to purchase so many months ago. I could probably squeeze everything into my little backpack if I wanted, but I'm a little bit of a dork about the big one, so I'll just go ahead and use it.




Also, in equally important news, I got my first three pieces of mail today! Two were letters from Sarina, and one was the Snapshots Journal from Jessica in Zambia. I know my mom sent a package about a week ago, so I'm expecting it sometime in June. I was so so so happy when they told me that my name was on the mail list for the afternoon.

No comments: